Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Goodbye, Summer and Hello, School!

The heat hasn't left Phoenix yet but the long lazy days of summer are long gone. The kids are in their second week of school, and boy, this year is a busy one! Let me tell you, I'm so glad we moved across the street from the high school. Trevor is a freshman and Alexis is a junior (first day of school pic to the left). Neither kid drives yet so they get to walk to the school for all of their activities. Alexis plays the drums in the marching band this year and has to play at all the games. She also is a freshmen mentor so is required to do all of their activities. Trevor is in the JROTC this year and he's loving it. He plans on making the most of the program by taking extra PT in the mornings, be on the air rifle and drill teams.






Alexis is also in AP classes. She gets to take over a good portion of the living room to study and do homework. Can you believe that she has music blasting in those headphones?






What does this mean for me? My work schedule has returned to normal. I'm actually working on a novella for my publisher's anthology. I'll keep you posted on the progress of this. I also have entered Jesse's Girl in an RWA chapter sponsored contest. If you're waiting for the release of this book, you have to wait now until January or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment