Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Drive-by!

I've gotten a lot of emails asking if my family is okay after the recent drive-by, so I've decided to make a post about the incident.

 First of all, our house is in a really non-eventful neighborhood. This place is filled with families. The excitement of the day is often stupid stuff like the neighbor holding the ladder wrong while trimming their palm tree. Seriously.

 At 2 a.m Friday, my family was asleep. Dan and I woke up to the sound of gunshots. You know when you are startled awake by a sound but don't really know if that is what you really heard? That is what the shots were like. We got up, checked the kids, and went back to bed. My nerves were a bit rattled, so I couldn't fall asleep again. Dan went right back to sleep. A little while later someone knocked on the door. The cops! We still didn't really know what happened so imagine our surprise when the cop said, "Are you guys okay? Someone was shooting at your house so we wanted to check on your family." We talked with the cops and my neighbor (the witness to the shooting) while the cops picked up the bullets and casings from the street. We had enough light to check Dan's truck but nothing was wrong with it.

 The cops came back the next day to investigate further. They found that the shooter only shot at the street. We didn't have any bullet holes anywhere on our property. It's crazy because if you walk along my street, you can see where the 7 bullets took chunks out of the road. The cops also found more bullets/casings and decided that it was some idiots randomly shooting at the ground. The drive-by wasn't targeted at us like the witness had originally claimed. Whew!

 Yes, the thought still scares me, but we are fine! This was random and could've happened in any neighborhood. Thanks for the concern though. I appreciate it.

Talk to you soon,
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. Wow! So glad you and your family are ok. That had to be very scary. I don't understand whats gotten into youths these days.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That would have scared the crap out of me too! Glad you're all okay.

    ReplyDelete