Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Our Adventure to the Haunted Cemetery- Part 1

If you've known me for any length of time, you know that I'm so scared of the paranormal. I believe in ghosts and all that jazz, but I'm terrified of that area of our world. So why did I venture to a well-known haunted cemetery? This is how it all started:

Dan grew up in Florence and his family still lives there. We make the 2 hour trip often. On one of our times down to the small town, he took me on a side road that wound through the desert. Houses dotted part of the way but not too much. "Hey," he said, "want to see where the witches are buried?"

"Witches?" I asked, amazed. You see, witches are interesting to me. "There are witches buried out here?"

And my non-believer of paranormal drove me to the grave sites that sit right on the side of the road. He said that all he remembered is that three witches were hanged and buried in the plots, and if you visit the graves at night, you might see the witches' ghosts.  I was too scared to get out of the car, but I grabbed a picture while we were there.


We did ask some of our friends if they knew anything about the graves on the side of the road. They all said that those belong to some witches, but nobody knew the story behind them. On the way home, a plot for a new book took over my brain.

And I started doing research the moment I got home. I found out that there was a town called Adamsville out there. In 1900 the town flooded, killing most of the people. The townspeople were buried in a graveyard just down the road from the town and haunts the graveyard. A lot of paranormal investigation teams visit this place and get a variety of readings all the time. Dan had no idea that Adamsville had existed and we decided to visit these two places as soon as we drove down there again.

And we did. Check out Part 2 to our adventure to see the pictures and what happened while we were there.


1 comment:

  1. I was born and raised in Florence. I was told when I was a kid that the graves are not those of witches, that the are members of the Freeman family. Some of the town pioneers are buried in the cemetary adjacent to the random graves. Hope that helps you. Also..I think I probably was friends with Dan when we were in our teens.

    ReplyDelete