Tuesday, April 3, 2012

H.D. Thomson interviews her hero today!

Readers, I have H.D. Thomson interviewing her hero on my blog today. How fun is that?! Character interviews are so surprising for the author because we always learn something new about the character. And H.D. brought a surprise for one of you! She giving away 1 ebook so leave a comment or ask a question of your own to be entered to win.

**

Hi, Wendy. Thanks for having me over at your blog today! I brought Jake Preston, the hero from Shrouded in Darkness, with me today. I thought I’d interview him for fun. I was a little surprised at some of his answers!

Hi, Jake. The first question I have for you is about Margot. What did you think of Margot when you first met her?
A hot mess. But then who am I to talk? My own life is a complete disaster.

So you were attracted to her from the beginning?
Yeah, but it bothered me thinking of her that way. This was John’s sister after all. He’d talked a lot about her over the course of our working relationship, but nothing about what she actually looked like. So when I eventually met her, I was shocked at just how attractive she was.

But there’s much more to Margot than her looks. There’s a vulnerability she tries so hard to hide. She cares about her friends, and the bond she had with her brother is something anyone would envy. Also, from the beginning, I felt this connection with her. Life’s hit both of us pretty hard. I was also a little surprised that our parents are very similar.

I know Margot found you equally sexy. Is it because you have a six-pack?
Definitely not! But I don’t have a gut either. I’ve been on the run for a while, so it’s forced me to get in top physical form. I think of myself as above average. At least that’s what I’ve been told from women.

So how do you keep in shape?
Before my life went down the toilet, I used to go to the gym and run. I’ve never done a marathon but maybe one day I’ll try it out. That is, if I live through this situation. I’m realizing just how much I’ve put off for the sake of science.

What do you see in the future?
I don’t know. My life has gone down a path I never thought it would ever take. I’m keeping away from any pharmaceutical company, I can tell you that much!

Have you learned anything during these last couple of months?
That life is very fragile and it can be taken away in an instant. To live each moment and never take anyone or anything for granted.

Thanks Jake!

Margot doesn’t particularly care if she ends up dead.  She’s lost everything she’s ever cared for.  A divorce and the loss of her job as a corporate lawyer has left her with little faith in herself or in anyone else.  Most importantly, she’s lost the one person on this earth she’s looked up to and cherished–her brother, Johnny.  His death in a car accident has devastated her, and she can’t find the willpower to pull herself from the chasm she’s fallen into.  Her only solace is at the bottom of a wineglass.  Having moved back to the small town in northern Arizona where she was raised, she’s made a point of isolating herself both mentally and physically from everyone other than a few chosen friends.  Little does she know that her life is going to explode into chaos and the person behind Johnny’s accident is coming after her.

4 comments:

  1. I think I have a little crush on Jake. great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jake! Very confident, but not arrogant--I love that in a guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jeanne and Adriana! I really loved writing him. He's one of my favorite heroes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the winner is... Adriana! Please email me at authorwendyely@gmail.com so H.D. Thomson can get your ebook to you.

    ReplyDelete