Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Have an affaire with chocolate!


Once a year a neighboring city has a Valentine's/chocolate festival called The Chocolate Affaire. Every thing is love or a romance themed. And of course, CHOCOLATE! You can find almost anything chocolate covered here. I even tried chocolate covered potato chips because a fellow author encouraged us to broaden our horizons. Ha. I will never eat them again. I do like the chocolate covered cheesecake. Here is a pic of my daughter with one! As you can tell, these cheesecakes on a stick are so big that we end up splitting one every time. By the way, she is probably going to kill me for posting this picture of her on my blog ;)



Besides stuffing our faces with chocolate, we love the live bands. We prefer the classic rock bands when they play. My daughter is pretty good on the guitar and has a huge interest in music so we spend a lot of time hanging out by the stages. Here is one of the bands I really liked. I don't know their name, but the lead singer had a voice that could melt butter.














I live in central Phoenix so how did I discover this festival that is pretty far from us? Valley of the Sun Romance Authors of course! I've signed here twice but go even if I'm not on the list each year. I get to meet lovely new authors like Morgan Kearns.  I collect autographed novels so of course I picked hers up. Here is me being all fan-girl! Just so you know: That book I am holding is titled Fade to Black and it is
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Its also like 500-ish pages. I looove love love long romance novels!

This year my daughter is a freshman in high school so she needs to do community service. She talked me in bringing her on the second day of the festival to work with the authors. I hung around, handed out fliers, met some really amazing people, and chatted with talented authors like these ladies. These pictures are of Tia Dani, Abby Irish, Stacy Connelly, and Marie Patrick.

But wouldn't you know... they brought a cover model this year. Yep, I got to meet Jimmy Thomas! I had a fabulous time touching his rock hard body while taking the picture!

So that is how I spent most of last weekend, friends! Going to this event is a lot of work but so much fun. I am already looking forward to next year.

Talk to you soon,
Wendy Ely



No comments:

Post a Comment