Monday, February 27, 2012

Chatting with cover model Julian Christian!

 Unless you live in a cave, you've seen the hot men who grace the covers of romance novels. Well, I've known Julian Christian on Facebook for a few years now and had the pleasure of interviewing him for my blog. Enjoy :) I sure did!



 Wendy:  Writing novels chose me, what brought you to the world of modeling? 

Julian: Let's see, I am an actor first so that just kind of goes hand and hand with modeling. Plus I am a big fitness guy and seeing my hard work in print gives me a visual feedback look at how my results are going.


Wendy: Can you give us a sample of what a day is like on a photoshoot?

Julian: Well it depends on the shoot. If its a fitness shoot it usually involves a lot of prep work, shaving, tanning and dieting. Other shoots are more casual and fun, usually meeting new people and being in a cool location.

Wendy: Your body looks amazing. What type of fitness/nutrition regimen do you follow?

Julian:  Lot's of cardio, weights and a high protein diet. Plus my supplements and lot's of water.

Wendy: I read in another interview that you run two clinics for special needs children. That is totally different from your modeling career. Why did you choose to do this as well?

Julian: Well I believe you always have to give to others in life. I thoroughly enjoy helping others, especially children. It's a great way to make a living.

Wendy: How is your surfing going?

Julian: Surfing has been on a hiatus for a couple of months due to a injury while big wave surfing out in Cortes Bank. I'll resume in the spring when the waves are more gentile. Anyone want to join me?

Wendy: Your career looks like its headed in an amazing direction, but we’d like to get to know you outside of your work as well. What do you enjoy doing 
 during your free time?

Julian:  I love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, mountain biking or just taking my dog Rocky to Dog Beach. I love music and sometimes play drums with my band at events.

Wendy: We know each other from Facebook, but I’ve noticed that you are on some romance novel covers. None of those novels are mine (but I would love to change that!) and I’m wondering how an author can make it possible to have you be on their cover? 

Julian: Just let me know and I will give you some pictures to choose from. All I ask is that you make a donation to an animal shelter in Rocky's name. This goes for any author. I don't accept payment for Romance Novel covers any more. Just that they donate in exchange.

Wendy: What is the best way for fans to keep in contact with you?

Julian: Facebook is the best way.  

Wendy:  Is there anything else you’d like to share with the readers?

Julian: That I appreciate their support tremendously. I love them dearly.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, Julian. I hope you’ll visit again and I wish you the best of luck with your many projects! 

Here is the link for Julian’s facebook page just in case you would like to friend him: https://www.facebook.com/julian.fantechi


10 comments:

  1. What a great guy. I'm glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Wendy and Julian. "Dog Beach" is new to me. My German Shepherd, Gunther, would be in the back of the truck, waving the keys, ready to go.
    Very kind of you to offer your photos like that.
    Tell Rocky to take a dip for Guther.
    --
    Cora Blu

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that Julian asks for donations to charities rather than monies for himself says volumes about his priorities in life. Way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad to have you visiting my blog. I totally agree with you about Julian! I had a lot of respect for him before today but more so since learning this extra "kindness" he has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy! What an honor to have interviewed Julian. I have read many books that Julian has graced the covers of. I currently have not read any of your books, but want too. Any favorite you could recomment for me? By the way, I loved the interview! Thanks for sharing. *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn! Thanks for stopping by. It just depends on the genre you like to read. I have a contemporary romance (Jesse's Brother) that won an award. I love that story. I also have a romantic suspense that has held the #1 bestseller spot in the genre on my publisher's list (Confessions) and that book is the first of a series. Dreaming of Him is a novella I wrote as a gift for my daughter and is a paranormal romance. I also have an erotica. Yes, I have a little bit of everything ;) You can see all 5 of my current releases here: http://www.lyricalpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=authors&authors_id=87

      Delete
  6. Class, mass and a great ass! I love Julian so much, been a fan of his modeling for years. Especially when he was PlayGirl man of the year and on Ugly Betty. I would buy any book with this stud on the cover! Please have him on my covers, bed covers that is. I love intelligent men who are sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview. I am in love with Julian. An animal lover to boot! And what a body!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy. He is so sexy. Love me some Julian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your search for mates or friends through free Christian chat rooms allows you to simply avoid or eliminate people who do not share your Christian values. Christian chat rooms

    ReplyDelete