Sunday, February 16, 2020

My Journey Went Full Circle...

I've been gone for a long time. I'm sorry for my absense. Here's what happened. I started teaching again because the majority of my experience fell into that arena of the work world. It was so draining on me that I wasn't available to create. I was physically and emotionally exhausted.

I did write A Ring for Christmas (A Ringside Novella) during that time and published it. (Check it out on Amazon! Who said you need to wait for Christmas to read it?). That is all I could produce to completion even though I was writing when the mood struck. When you are an author, writing is in your soul. You just don't feel complete without it.

Teaching was wearing on me a few years into the new journey of navigating through the corporate preschool world. I knew my days teaching were coming to an end soon. It was hard though because I loved teaching, just didn't like the extra crap that came with it. I was in an emotional place while trying to make the decision. I won an award at the last school and felt like I had achieved something great...finally decided to let teaching go.

I switched over into customer service in the coporate world. I started writing again but slowly. One thing is for sure, once you are out of the practice of writing, it gets hard to redevelope the habit. I had to force myself to write every day. I didn't like that feeling at all.

I published Kisses for Christmas (A Desert Secrets Novella) at this time. Super excited to see this series coming to a close with only one more book to go.

Two weeks out of training in the new career I was invited to apply for a managment position. I applied even though I didn't think I would get it. Surprise! I got the position. I loved the challenge of being a trainer. I started working overtime every single week. I averaged about 50 hours. I tried writing on days off but had other things to do. Writing slipped through the cracks and I was writing less and less. In the the summer, I was given the opportunity to help launch the department at the corporate level. Of course I jumped at the chance, ready for the change. Okay, they told me to do it. The opportunity turned out to be really stressful but stress builds character, right? By now I worked even more. My world was work and sleep. Nothing in between besides my 2 vacations a year. I loved my job and the people I worked worth though. I kept pushing forward. They gave me the position of being the director's assistant in my department. How awesome was that? I did all of that in one year. The bad side? They never gave me my raise as promised so it was time to part ways with the company.

I was given an opportunity for more pay and no managment duties for a streaming company. Ohhh yes!
I jumped at the chance to go. More money, 40 hour week, and only being responsible for myself? I was looking forward to writing again. It was harding to get started again than I'd thought, but I'm pushing through!

Now I'm back in the land of books, authors, and most importantly, READERS! A lot has changed in the writing world. There's a lot for me to learn now and people to meet. I'm ready!

1 comment: