Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Holiday Confessions

So the holidays are upon us and I've been thinking a lot about Christmas, so I decided to confess a few things to you:

1. This is the first year in a very long time that I've felt the holiday spirit. The kids actually nicknamed me The Grinch. Yes, I bought the gifts and went along with the whole holiday thing for them. We decorated a tree but that is it in terms of holiday decor. This year is totally different. I can't wait to decorate the house and the tree!

2. We haven't bought Christmas gifts yet this year! I usually have the shopping done by Halloween. Why? Because I loathe shopping during the holidays. I feel that this should be a time of giving but many people have lost that in life, making people greedy and mean.

3. When the kids were little I started the tradition of having them open their presents on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day. I did this to relieve some of the Christmas chaos because they were so young. They still get presents under the tree from "Santa" to open on Christmas morning. Christmas Day is about being together instead of presents.

4. We always eat pizza on Christmas Eve while we watch holiday themed movies and open presents!


Okay... your turn! Share your holiday secrets :)

Chelsea Montgomery has her own secrets to confess in Confession, Desert Secrets book 1. Check it out here: http://amzn.com/B00A3FVT84

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas, always have. My favorite part is decorating the tree – our ornaments are 50 years of history. Namely, since I was born (my first year ones crystal balls) all the way up thru my 30s. until I finally married and now our boys get an ornament every year. But now that my dad is gone, and my mom is ailing, these ornaments carry so much more weight and significance. They represent half a life time. So far.

    ReplyDelete